Monday, April 09, 2007

bloody mess

this is the last thing you see.
you see me sat in the light, in the last of the night.
i´m sitting on a table.
you see my face. you see my lips. you see my eyes.
and you can see that i´m thinking.
it´s the last thing you see.
you see my face. you see my eyes and you can´t tell what i´m thinking.
my face is completely blank.
the eyes don´t really give anything away.
the expression is somewhere between nothing and everything.
you don´t know me. you think you know me. it´s not important.
what´s important is that you see me breathing. you see the rise and fall
of my breathing.
you hear the traffic outside, or drunks in the street, or the sound of rain on the roof of the theatre, or the sounds of the others sat around you in the auditorium. or you hear none of these things. it´s not important.
what´s important is that you see me. you see me sat alone on a table in
the last of the light and then, suddenly, perhaps much more suddenly
than you had expected, it´s over and i´m gone, and this time, i´m gone
forever and i never come back.

forced entertainment

No comments: